Norman Mailer Society/Conference/2019 Wilkes-Barre, PA
At Wilkes University
October 10-12, 2019
Theme: Mailer on Politics, Public Life, and Pop Culture
Call for Papers
The Norman Mailer Society calls for papers that address any of the above categories plus those that help celebrate the 40-year anniversary of The Executioner’s Song, the 50-year anniversary of Of a Fire on the Moon, and the 60-year anniversary of Advertisements for Myself.
- Keynote speaker Maggie Mailer, youngest daughter of Norman Mailer
- A reception to celebrate the opening of the Norman Mailer Room and Collection. This room, housed in the Farley Library, is a research/Mailer scholar’s dream. It is a replica of Mailer’s last studio in Provincetown that includes his private library, manuscripts and revisions, dating from 1984, and his studio furniture
- A reading from The Time of Our Time
- Screening of the film The Executioner’s Song
- And more…
To submit a proposal for the conference, please e-mail the following to Maggie McKinley at
mmckinle [at] harpercollege [dot] edu and Mike Lennon at
jmlennon1 [at] charter [dot] net by June 1, 2019:
- 50-word biographical statement
- 150-200 word abstract of the proposed presentation
- Indication of A/V Requirements
Hotel accommodations will be at Genetti’s Best Western, Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA at $89 per night (from October 9 through October 13). The hotel offers free shuttle from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton airport, hot buffet breakfast, parking, and is a two-block walk to campus.
More details regarding hotel reservations and conference registration are forthcoming.