Norman Mailer Society/News/2019
- 2019-04-27: In “One giant leap for mankind: 50 years on, the epic journey of Apollo 11,” Taschen writes “When three astronauts accomplished the first moon landing half a century ago, science fiction became reality. Their achievement, and the decade of work that made it possible, is recalled in a 50th anniversary edition of Norman Mailer’s classic book Of a Fire on the Moon. In Independent
- 2019-04-25: MGA Graduate Students Publish Digital Humanities Project About Norman Mailer. Students in Dr. Gerald Lucas’s graduate course, “Writing and Publishing in Digital Environments,” helped construct a digital humanities project, “An American Dream Expanded”, published on Project Mailer, part of the Norman Mailer Society.
- 2019-04-13: In “The Fight (1975) by Norman Mailer: Feel the punch of a heavyweight,” Rob Doyle argues that “Mailer is no ‘bad joke’ – he writes with a reckless candour foreign to today’s nice guys.” Thanks, Rob! In The Irish Times
- 2019-04-05: The Village Voice has published “Norman Mailer Runs for Mayor” from their archives. Joe Flaherty writes: “As radical as the program sounded, it made complete sense to me, and I also realized there wasn’t a politician in New York who would dare run on such ideas. Mailer was now my man.”
- 2019-03-22: Emily Temple of LitHub shows that Mailer’s career spanned 59 years, just shy of Borges’ 62.
- 2019-03-18: Call for Proposals: 17th Annual Norman Mailer Conference
- 2019-03-16: Call for Submissions: The Norman Mailer Society Graduate Writing Award
- 2019-02-05: 2019 Membership Drive: We begin our annual Norman Mailer Society Membership Drive
- 2019-01-26: The Washington Post reports that Diana Athill, one-time Mailer editor, dies. She was 101.