Norman Mailer: Works and Days
Welcome to Norman Mailer: Works & Days, the first installment of Project Mailer — an on-going Digital Humanities initiative to promote the legacy of Norman Mailer.
Based on J. Michael Lennon and Donna Pedro Lennon's updated and revised Norman Mailer: Works and Days, this project provides researchers with the definitive primary bibliography of Norman Mailer's publications and an overview of important biographical events in Mailer's life. This Digital Humanities project is edited by Gerald R. Lucas.
- Norman Mailer's Preface
- J. Michael Lennon's Introduction
- Gerald R. Lucas' Introduction to the Digital Edition
- Acknowledgments and Appreciations
- November 2018: Test move to a Wiki environment.
- August 30, 2017: Theme obsolesce broke the site; we now have a new theme thanks to Independent Publisher. Search is still broken, but will hopefully be back online shortly.
- July 1, 2017: Work on Selected Secondary Bibliography begins.
- October 1, 2016: "Days" (v1) published.
- July 1, 2016: "Days" beta published.
- April 1, 2016: Work on "Days" begins.
- October 1, 2015: "Works" (v1) published.
- July 1, 2015: Beta released for user comments.
This project is currently under development, so anything can still change. "Works" (v1) was completed in October 2015. "Days" (v1) was completed in 2016. Work on the selected bibliography will run throughout 2017, leading to a second-edition of Norman Mailer: Works and Days that was just published. That said, many links may be broken to sources not yet entered. Any comments, questions, or suggestions may be submitted via our Contact page or tweeted to @drgrlucas (#MailerWorks).